Monday, November 16, 2009

Oakwood Church Bazaar Follow-up Post

Sorry this is coming so late, but boy oh boy have I been busy. I'd rather not talk about that though. Instead I'd like tell you how the Oakwood Church Bazaar went.

Unfortunately I didn't fair too well, but I did enjoy myself and would definitely do it again. It was NOT all for naught, however. I obtained a few purchases, and even sold a few things. Yeah! I sold my gold big girl tutu to my spunky cousin! I have the pictures to prove it! She wore it for a night out in Stillwater on Saturday. See for yourself.

Here is the front of the tutu worn with leggings, black stiletto boots, a black sweater from Target, and a bracelet I made.


Here is the back of the tutu.


And...here is a close-up of the bracelet I made.


I also sold a red sequined flower bracelet, a black and white silk flower bracelet, the owl bracelet which I love so, a hair clip made of black and white tulle, a purple flower pin, and two little girl flower headbands.
I purchased about as much as I sold though, so much for making some extra Christmas money! I made sure I adorned myself with all my treasures both days of the bazaar.

This is what I wore on the first day of the bazaar.

Pink and White Tulle Hair Clip: Made by me
Grey sweater jacket: Target - $6.98
Navy blue pink floral long-sleeve T-shirt: Target - $9.98
Skinny Jeans: TJ Maxx
Pink arguile socks: Gap


Gold Mary Jane Heels: Hot Topic - $5

And this is what I wore on the second day of the bazzaar.

Feather headband: made by me
White angel wing cardigan: Target
Army green lacey t-back tank: free from a clothing swap
Light denim jeans: American Eagle - thrifted


Burgundy open-toed heels: 6PM.com -$7 (originally over $90)

Necklace: Purchased at the Bazaar; Funky Gladys made by Girly Muse
Button and Stone rings: Purchased at the Bazaar


Owl Earrings: Purchased at the Bazaaar (a little treasure I discovered while setting up my table...I absolutely could not resist!)


All in all I had an absolutely wonderful time. I strongly encourage the support of local artists. I mean...everyone benefits! Look at the amazing one-of-a-kinds you can find.

Talk to you all very soon I hope!

Signing off...

Elaina

4 comments:

  1. You're so CUTE.

    Think I have to order a tutu. Got any color suggestions for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh! for all of your awesome treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm...something pastel I think. Maybe a light pink with ivory?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, I love the green tank you wear in the 6th and 8th picture. :)

    ReplyDelete