Friday, November 6, 2009

Bazaaar

Today I am getting ready for the Oakwood Church Bazaar. I actually need to leave here in about 15 minutes so I'll make this a short entry (well, short for me anyway). I mentioned in my first post that one of my favorite things to do is create, I would hope that makes me a creative person since that's what I have on my resume, but today you get to be the judge. I made several things for the Bazaar this weekend ranging from a tutu and handbag to woman's and girl's headbands, vintage button magnets, button earrings, funky bracelets, and decoupaged heads (http://spoilsofwear.blogspot.com/2009/10/crafty-day.html). Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy:

This a woman's tutu I made out of gold and black tulle with some pearl beading (no, not real pearls). This tutu is a one size fits most due to the stretchy waistband.




This is the handbag I made out of some really beautiful stretch fabric which is lined with a black fabric that is textured like snake skin. There is one pocket and the handle is made out of bangles (yes, bracelets purchased from target actually). The rose is a pin so can be removed should one prefer the bag without it.




These are two of the bracelets I made. Others not pictured include flowers and gemstones. The first bracelet pictured is made out of a smaller elastic and many, many, many rhinestones varying in sizes. The second bracelet pictured I made out of thick elastic and a giant owl pendant I found at the thrift store. My husband thinks it looks like weapon armor.




These are two of the woman's headbands I made. The first made with feathers and a vintage button (actually purchased from an antique store in Bayfield, Wisconsin), and the second made just with feathers.




And finally, the outfit of the day. This was not a work day, so I am in my casual everyday attire. The jacket was a Christmas present from my husband a few years ago and is Empyre, it also has skulls on the back. The scarf and jeans are thrifted. I just bought those jeans for $9.99 at the thrift store and am obsessed. They are rerock (which I've never heard of before, but apparently they retail for $90.00+). And the boots, another great find, are UGG, which I actually purchased at TJ Maxx for 20% of the original price (that is about 80% off Yo!).






Have a great day and hope to see you all at the Oakwood Church Bazaar today or tomorrow! Information for the Bazaar can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=110872998040&index=1.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finished a purse! Hope to see it in person at the bazaar! Well...I hope I DON'T see it because it SOLD! :)

    ReplyDelete