Monday, November 2, 2009

First Time Blogger

So...after much deliberation, and a little peer pressure from my very good friend Jill (her blog is Spoils of Wear at http://www.spoilsofwear.blogspot.com/), I finally decided, or perhaps just seceded to beginning my own blog. I happen to be a very good talker, which most likely may be due to my diagnosis of OCS (Only Child Syndrome), so a blog naturally seemed to be the next step.


I thought it might be fitting that my first blog give a slight intro of myself and the name I have chosen for this blog. As I have already mentioned I am an only child, but one of the few normal ones, per my good friend Jill. I am 26 years old and an MBA student. I have been married to my complete opposite yet perfect match for a little over seven years. I am passionate about my marriage, learning, and creating. I loooovvveee to create many things. I believe it started when I was about 5 years old when I began drawing clothing designs; this desire to create lead to my destroying countless school uniforms and redesigning them to something a little more...well...me! My passion for fashion, as it were, has since evolved into the creation of handbags, tutus, headbands, Christmas ornaments, magnets, earrings, bracelets, etc. It couldn't be more fun! My Daddy actually very recently made me a sewing room in my very quaint little attic for all my little crafts (No dogs aloud! Husbands on invite only!). Pictures of my sewing room can be found here http://spoilsofwear.blogspot.com/2009/10/crafty-day.html.I haven't had a lot of time lately to enjoy my new sewing room due to work, school, internships, and volunteer work, but I do get up there every once in awhile. It is truly my very own Oasis.




Since I can't think of a more proper transition, this will have to do. Because there may be many of you who aren't sure how to pronounce my blog name, or even know what it means, I figured it needed its own brief intro. Je` Suis, pronounced JaSwee, is actually French for "I am." I chose this name based off an imaginary business I created for a merchandising class several years ago and it kind of stuck. Je`Suis to me is very profound yet so simple. It actually reminds me of the many wisdoms of my father who is a man of few words. To say "I am" is to say that I am many people, I wear many hats, I enjoy many things; like my fashion I don't always fit into a descriptive box or stereotype. Sometimes I am a complete oxymoron where my beliefs, desires, and values do not always align, but I think that's okay. Needless to say, I believe everyone is an "I am..." and that just makes me all tingly inside.



Finally, I thought it might be fun to try and post a picture of my outfit of the day of each post. So here goes. I guess I forgot to mention that I'm interning at Lawson Software, so today, being a work day, I am in work attire visiting the cafeteria with my Dunn Bros Coffee.





Sweater: Target $12.95
Skirt: Forever 21 $17?
Button Up top: Forever 21 $17?
Shoes: Naughty Monkey given to me by my friend Ann
Black Sparkly tights: Wal-Mart $5

4 comments:

  1. yeah elaina! have fun blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoohoo! You'll make a great addition to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome and good luck! a great style blog is always welcome in my google reader. :O)

    ReplyDelete