Monday, March 1, 2010

Robin Hood

So sorry I lied...I know I mentioned that I would be posting my first review soon and here I am more than a week later.

I'm already half-way through the second season and its only been three days since I started. The BBC series Robin Hood is highly addictive. I spent half of my day Saturday and all of my day Sunday watching episode after episode of ruggedly handsome English men, who could be bad but choose to be good, fight at least one other ruggedly handsome man, who could be good but chooses to be bad. There's action, adventure, love, betrayal, friendship, war, and comedy. This show has a little bit of everything...and is family friendly!

Granted the fight scenes are a bit corny and the picture is sometimes a little rough, but I highly recommend this show. There's comic relief where you least expect and the wardrobes are mid-century with a bit of modern flare. Check out the show's website here and check out some of the seriously handsome men below.


Robin Hood is played by British actor Jonas Armstrong and couldn't be cuter. Seriously!

Sir Guy of Gisborne, the Sheriff's evil side-kick, is played by sexy British actor Richard Armitage whom I first fell in love with on the BBC short series North and South.


Two of Robin Hood's Men are also worth taking a glance at.

Joe Armstrong plays Alan A Dale (no relation to Jonas Armstrong; I already checked).

And...Harry Lloyd plays Will Stutley (or should we say Studly).

Of course we can't forget about the leading lady who is as equally easy on the eyes as the men. Lucy Griffiths plays Lady Marian. She captures the hearts of both good and evil. Watch and see.

I highly suggest you check this show out. There is unfortunately only three seasons. I was able to access the first two seasons on my Netflix watch instant and am hoping I will be able to watch the third season either on the show's Web site or on hulu. Be careful visiting the site, however, I was dismayed to discover a few spoilers.

For you men out there who may think that the only substance to this show is the handsome men, I can assure you that you too will fall in love with this show's cast. I was actually introduced to this series by one of my best friend's (spoils of wear) husband.

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment